SB-1 Visas: Returning Residents

A permanent resident (called lawful permanent resident or LPR) or conditional resident (CR) who has remained outside the United States for longer than one year, or beyond the validity period of a Re-entry Permit, will require a new immigrant visa (SB-1) to enter the United States and resume permanent residence.  SB-1 applicants must contact the Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate Guangzhou this email inquiry form to schedule an initial appointment at the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou to determine eligibility, and, if found qualified, will be asked to appear for a second interview.

You must have evidence in both interviews that extreme circumstances beyond your control prevented your return to the United States. Whether or not an officer approves your application at either interview, the Consulate cannot refund either fee.

Click here for more SB-1 visa information.